Elder Michael Ellsworth Arrives home on: December 20th, @ 3:17pm

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Elder Ellsworth's new home...The saga continues

   I'm the only missionary with a full on beard going. I was laughing so hard when I saw myself in the cracked mirror this morning. We travelled from Kamisugi in sendai to Aomori, in the northern part of Japan, then from Aomori [which by the way means Au (Blue) Mori (forest) "blue forest"] to tokyo. When we got to Aomori we met with a member of the Area presidency in the asia area elder "che" (wonder if Evan knows him... he's Korean.) After meeting with him and the missionaries that were going home, due to the Crazy earthquake, we left to Sapporo, when we got here we were greeted by the friendly... smiles of President "Daniels and his wife. I love this man!
    Anyway, my mission has gotten disolved into the Sapporo Mission, now there are 120 different elders here and we're trying to get everything figured it out and its complete chaos. I talked to... my mind forgot what I wanted to say and how.. I wanted to say it? that was a mix of lack of sleep, trying to say it in nihongo, and this other elder saying something in Japanese I tried to listen too. I'm excited to be here!! I'm sooo glad I'm out of the chaos of Sendai.. I found myself (in his mind) playing Beatles songs and singing along to Rivers of Babylon one too many times... anyways, we're having a meeting, I"ll be back in a bit.  The island of Japan moved 8 feet.. Thats what it sounds like.. I heard that.

No comments:

Post a Comment