Elder Michael Ellsworth Arrives home on: December 20th, @ 3:17pm

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elder Ellsworth and his Japanese trainee companion

Hi Clark:
 
I'm volunteering in tsunami area over a long labor day weekend and the
'labor' volunteers are stationed in Furukawa, so, at the summer
festival held at the branch Saturday, I ran into your son. Thought
you'd like to see the picture of him and his new companion, Elder
Ogita from Kagawa prefecture on Shikoku who he is "training."
 
It was fun to meet and chat, but more fun to watch Elder Ellsworth
interact with the members and others attending. His Japanese, in my
opinion, is on the high-better end of the scale, and that serves well.
I'm sure you must be proud of him..I know I would be..as I felt like
a surragate dad for you standing there.
 
The core group of labor volunteers staying in Furukawa will join with
about 15 Sendai area missionares on Tuesday for a combined work
activity as well, so I'll be shoveling muck (or whatever they assign
us) alongside these elders and others. I'll be home Thursday and if
there are more pictures, I'll forward them you you,.
 
Kindest regards,
 
Todd Ogaard
Webmaster
Sendai Mission RM Site

No comments:

Post a Comment